Saturday, August 15, 2015

Blog Hell

When I first started this blog it was done with the intention of adding something to my Amazon Author page.  I did not, nor do I now, have the intention of spending my time writing about my fun trip to the grocery store or whatever other meaningless shit you find on most blogs.  To be honest, I'm not a fan of them and think if one has the desire to invest the time writing stories it is an absolute squander to waste it on a goddamn blog.

My point with this rant is I have just spent a good portion of my day trying to get Google to remove the malicious spam advertisements that keep taking over this blog.  Yes, I've allowed Google to post their AdSense ads on this blog.  I've also added an Amazon.com search bar that can take you directly to Amazon to purchase one of my books.  Simple additions for what should be a simple blog.

The malicious ads are gone for now.  Hopefully they won't be back.  Google has done about fuck-all to help with the situation.  I toyed with moving this blog to WordPress, but that turned out to be even more of a nightmare.

Anyways, when I get a chance and my web developer skills are a little more savvy, expect this blog to get a massive overhaul so it becomes more pleasing to the eye and I don't have to toy with malicious adware or other distractions.

Book Four was started this morning.  First chapter in the bag and loving it so far.  A ways to go, but feeling good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment